Friday 16 June 2017

Literacy Reflection Week 7

There once was a lady named Helga Reissmann. Her eyes were as blue as the sky with clouds in it. She was as tall as the highest skyscraper. Her style is a cowgirl. Her top looks like a snow leopard. Her shoes look like a stained wood. Her teeth are like a bunny's teeth. Her shape is tall and skinny. She is quite big only because she is tall. Her hair is short and straight. She has 3 children, Jasmine 26, Telisha 24 and Cole is 21. Her job is teaching me and my class. She likes going on walks.
This week for literacy we had to write a description about our teacher. Our WALT was to write a description about Miss Reissmann. Next  time I am going to manage my time better. I liked this activity because I like writing descriptions.

Kick start
By Simon Cooke
Boom crash AHHHH Oh no we have crash landed. Are we going to be ok? WOW look giants they are so big. They are going to kill us not they won't, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH they are coming towards us Oh they are playing rugby…
Find out more to read the book
Also this week for literacy we had to read a book and then write a summary about the book. Next time I am going to find a better book that I like.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah, I enjoyed reading your description of Miss Reissmann. You have used some interesting descriptive phrases. I especially like how you have said her shoes are like stained wood. Next time it would be great to see you using a variety of sentence beginnings and lengths to make it even more interesting to read. Try using FANBOYS to link some of your ideas together. Mrs P

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.